Gold is an age-old investment that is even now used for creating a hedge against inflation and volatility. As the stock market remains highly volatile in 2021, gold prices crashed initially to again pick up the surge in the second half of the year.
Gold is not just used as a metal for making jewelry but also provides a substantial means to invest and get returns on the same. Whether you are looking to buy physical gold or invest in digital gold platforms, historically the metal has always given rewards to its holders because the gold value has always seen an appreciating trend.
If you looking to buy gold bullions in Singapore, check out Indigo Precious Metals, which provides a safe platform to invest in the shiny yellow metal. You can check out updated gold bar prices on their website every day to make your investment decisions carefully. They provide worldwide delivery of 24-carat pure gold bars and the delivery remains fully insured.
Pros of Gold Investments
- For ages, gold is considered to be a safe investment:
- The value of gold has not declined even after centuries.
- This preservation of value makes gold a safe hedge that protects us during times of inflation.
- Gold tends to hold onto its monetary value. So, we can rely on the yellow metal when the market becomes volatile.
- It is a physically tangible asset:
- When we trade in stocks, we cannot hold or see our assets. They are just numbers in our accounts.
- However, gold is a physical asset much like having invested in properties or having cash in hand.
- It helps in diversification of portfolio:
- Gold is minimally correlated with price fluctuation of other asset forms and is thus, a great way to minimize losses when the market hits the bottom.
- It is accepted worldwide:
- Gold can be purchased and sold anywhere globally as it has global recognition.
Gold coin vs bar – Which is a better way to invest in Gold?
- Gold bars are more suitable for investors who work on large scales.
- The prices of gold bars are low compared to coins.
- In terms of saleable value, gold coins sell out faster than bars because bars are a high-value investment which reduces the chances of getting prospective buyers.
- Additional handling charges might be incurred when you try to sell your gold bar or use it to mold it into jewelry.
- You can only purchase gold bars when you have large amounts ready to invest. On the other hand, anyone can easily purchase a gold coin on a limited budget.
- Different denominations of gold coins are easily available to fit everyone’s investment budget.
You can also invest in Gold Exchange Trades, Gold stocks, Gold certificates, and Gold savings account. Although these are not tangible forms of metal, they still provide a safe way to invest in gold with added security because these gold assets are not at risk of theft. At Gold vaults in Singapore, you can start your yellow metal investments even if you have only S$0.01 right now.